Essential Tips for Gin Player
1. Minimize mechanical errors by orderly arrangement of your hand.
2. Get on score before playing for big hands.
3. Expect opponent’s early discard to be a “fish”.
4. It is more important to make safe discards from poor hands than from good hands.
5. With poor hands pick up a card that gives you a double combination don’t with good hands.
6. Don’t break up your hand to hold a doubtful player for your opponent.
7. It usually pays to knock as soon as possible.
8. Late in the game, risk adding to opponent’s meld rather than throw a live card.
9. Don’t lose your composure, no matter how bad your cards it only helps your opponent.
10. Don’t play hunches play percentages.